Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bath soap Is claimed to help prevent cramps in bed...Has anyone experienced it?

What ingredient do you think helps?Bath soap Is claimed to help prevent cramps in bed...Has anyone experienced it?
I haven't ever heard of this, but I do know if you Potassium level is low you can have mild to severe muscle cramps and bananas contain alot of potassium. My doc told me to eat bananas if I didn't want to take a potassium supplement for this problem at night with my legs cramping. Hope this helps.Bath soap Is claimed to help prevent cramps in bed...Has anyone experienced it?
I've read this wives-tale before, and if I'm not mistaken, it actually says to put a bar of soap in your bed. So it can't really be an ingredient. I believe the soap is supposed to go under your legs, so it's elevating them a little bit.





If you have leg cramps at night, you may wish to put a pillow under your knees or wherever is comfortable for you. Also, I had these leg cramps in the mornings that felt like I was running all night - my doctor gave me a blood test to check if 'something' was low, I don't remember what that 'something' is now, sorry. So if the pillow thing doesn't work for you, go see your doctor.





Check out what snopes.com has to say about it:


http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/legcramp.鈥?/a>
you are a cofee or cafine drinker cafine causes severe cramps and arthritis

No comments:

Post a Comment