Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rat Bath Soap Question!?

Now that my boys are strapping and healthy, I'd like to give my friendly little guy a bath (the other is too skittish, I'd feel terrible giving other forms of stress). He's gotten pretty oily and is the dingy orange color you tend to see on males.


What I wanted to know is: I have no Johnson's Baby Shampoo and the only animal soaps I have are medicated dog soaps.


Would this soap be okay to use?


Obviously if not, I'm just going to wait to get a hold of an appropriate shampoo, but if I can use something on hand, that'd be great.


Thanks for your time!Rat Bath Soap Question!?
I really do think it would be BETTER if you used one of the suggested types of soap (baby or rat shampoo)





But this looks alright to me, and obviously if your rats have some kind of reaction to this soap see a vet and switch soaps





Hope i helped a bitRat Bath Soap Question!?
make sure that you use a shampoo formulated for animals - a kitten or puppy shampoo is best - as human shampoo can irritate their skin.





Some rats do not clean their tails thoroughly and can develop dark stains or patches on their tails. If you wish to clean your rat's tail you can do so with an old, soft toothbrush and either a gentle soap / animal shampoo, or bicarbonate of soda. Wet the tail and apply the soap / shampoo / soda. Very gently stroke the rat's tail with the dampened toothbrush, or rubbing with your fingers, brushing away from the body towards the tip of the tail.
I hear one part vinegar to two parts water works... Of course it then takes a few days for the vinegar smell to dissipate.
you shouldn't accusal wash them. if you wash them then they'll lose their oily sent. they wash them selfs by licking. if they lose their oily sent then the other rats don't recornice them and become aggressive and the oil is especially there for them so that they DON'T get wet. but i also sometimes wash my rats. it's fine. you can use any shampoo. just make sure it doesn't get into their eyes. and if they sh*t in the water, it's also normal. but if you wash them you'll find out that they'll stink even more. its a hormone they send out for protection.


hope this helps


peace out


=P

No comments:

Post a Comment