Thursday, March 11, 2010

I've started to offset my carbon footprint by washing my socks, underwear with soap when I take a bath?

What are you doing to offset yours?I've started to offset my carbon footprint by washing my socks, underwear with soap when I take a bath?
sharing my bathwater with the neighboursI've started to offset my carbon footprint by washing my socks, underwear with soap when I take a bath?
You bathe?
I hope to follow the example of Al Gore and have others deal with my carbon footprint.
well good for you!





im using public transport
im not as co2 doesnt cause global warming
pee in the shower
Marvelous jolly good, I have decided to double my efforts at debauchery and other immoral pleasures
I stick candles in my empty wine bottles and then I jack up the A/C, plop down in front of the plasma and watch my satellite TV or a movie from NetFlix.





*twirls end of blonde hair* Light bulbs are so wasteful, aren't they?
all done
I use my liberal neighbors yard to take a dump
Yeah, but what about the chains and mangled bodies in the attic Pinhead?
FEEt Are 100% ORganIC. tHATs WHy


yOurS smELL likE MuSHroomS.
I'm gonna eat more meat, so more cows will get slaughtered and then their farting and belching will reduce greenhouse emissions...
As much as your spirit is in the right place, it might be more, um, hygenic if you do them in the shower or somthing coz then you don't stew in your sock dirt.
My whole street is going to share the same bath at the same time.
Excellent, I will start bringing my mugs and cups to the fast food restaurants and let them fill them instead of using their cups.
That is all you are doing?


I am not impressed.


You should stop wearing underwear and socks all together and go to live in a mountain and only take baths on Xmass like in the old days.


Why are you poluting the water with your dirty socks?
Have you thought about conserving tea? After all you could just steep your socks and underwear, and serve it with biscuits. yum O!
what are you talking about??
Global Warming reduces my heating bill. I'm going to let it come.
I do quite alot, but I stop at bathing in dirty sock water !
I recycle everything I can and i practically live in the dark.





but on the flip side: -





Yahoo answers is not exactly enviromentally friendly is it, how many people all over the world are running a cpu, monitor and modem just to ask silly pointless questions? Millions is the answer.......
well Ive offset mine by not washing my socks and underwear at all...plus i only breath every 30 seconds(as this cuts my carbon dioxide) by over 95%...ive had my bowls removed and *** sticthed up so i can not let any Methane out in to the air.....i have done this so everyone else can fart and wash 10 times a week....IVE DONE THIS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;now whats the rest of the world going to do FOR ME????????...i will tell you.....F%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;..ALL.....LIVE LONG %26amp; DON'T BREATH TO MUCH......chow......
When ever I hear about some global warming believer doing something silly to offset his carbon footprint, I always do something twice as much to offset his offset.





My dream is to someday be successful enough to pollute as much as Al Gore
By having a shower.
I've been walking on my toes.
I changed my light bulbs to the low energy ones and that is all I plan to do.


I like global warming, but I also like saving money.
with China opening a new coal fired power station every other day whatever I do will not make any difference whatsoever. This being so: nothing.
It's not such a stupid suggestion in terms of saving energy although there are more efficent ways of saving energy now that does not mean we have to be dirty.


Before we took energy for granted we were not as clean as people expect to be now - when I was young it was common to smell a little at least if you were poor.





My Dad used to do this all his life i.e wash his socks and underwear in his bath - hes dead now you may be glad to hear? - and maybe he smelt but he did it as this is what he was taught as a boy to save money on the fuel to heat the water.





We did not know about golbal warming, just that the fuel to heat the water to wash was precious


Many used to do this because in their day, hot water in enough quantity to bath and wash clothes was an expensive and rare thing. And when I was growing up 50s and 60s it was not much different.


Hot water did not just come out of a tap when you turned it on, it had to be warmed especially for the purpose you needed it i.e washing clothes, your self or washing up so it helped to combine any two purposes.





Until I was 8 - around 1960 - our hot water was heated in a gas boiler in the kitchen and carried to the sink or the bath or where ever you used it and at most we could only afford to light the boiler once a week - a kettle on the stove or fire was used otherwise for small amounts.


I used to have to share the bath water with my younger brother and my mum got in after us and sometimes she washed our socks and pants in it afterwards if she had not done the weekly wash yet - we knew to the half penny how much every pint of hot water was costing us.........................


Perhaps we would know what it is costing the planet if we went back to this





But I would not recommend copying my Dad's good enviromental practices as while my mother bathed us once a week he only had a bath at the most once a month and so his body %26amp; his underwear only got washed then too...................





And if we all did this it would be an environmental hazard





PS I do everything I possibly can to use as little energy as I can - but by taking full advantage of the technological advances we have made - we can never take a step back we have to solve this thing with the technology we have now
I am impressed.





Does washing of clothes takes place at end of bath?





How do you get the water out of sox ?
I keep myself warm when it is cold, I keep myself cool when it is hot, my carbon footprint is large compared to yours, and while I commend you, your efforts, it is all to naught.


The earth will heat up, despite all we can do, it will shrivel and die.....in about 4-5 billion years.

No comments:

Post a Comment