Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can i take my guinea pig a bath, and what kind of soap do i use?

If I'm not mistaken but I think you can use....





Ivory mild dish soap.Can i take my guinea pig a bath, and what kind of soap do i use?
Guinea pigs rarely need to be bathed. Bathing can dry out their skin and cause irritations.





DO NOT use human shampoo as it will over-dry out your guinea pig's skin. Stick to a small animal shampoo, such as Bunny Bath which is specially formulated for small animals.Can i take my guinea pig a bath, and what kind of soap do i use?
Well, I used to have a bunny so you should just get a wash cloth and get some baby soap and rub the cloth over the guinea pig in the right direction which is towards the left.
I agree with Silly Goose. ask at Walmart or the pet store about the soap. But what you need to be careful about, is that you keep it and the cage inside the air conditioned house, during the hot summers, espcially if you have someone house sit, for you. Heat will kill a guinea pig, no matter how much water it has.
YES. KEEP WATER LOW AND WARM. USE BABY SHAMPOO , RINCE WELL. BLOW DRY. DONT BURN WITH WATER OR DRIER. HAVE FUN. REMEMBER BE SLOW AND CALM.
UNFORTUNATELY MANY 'BABY SOAPS' AND 'BABY SHAMPOOS' DO HAVE ADDED DETERGENTS/COLOURINGS/PERFUMES THAT IRRITATE THE SKIN. ANIMALS SEEM TO BE ESPECIALLY PRONE TO REACTIONS TO THESE ADDITIVES. I WOULD BUY A TOTALLY ADDITIVE FREE SHAMPOO FROM A PET SHOP/VET. IT WORKS OUT TO BE ECONOMIC BECAUSE YOU ONLY NEED TINY AMOUNTS (FROTH WELL WITH SHALLOW LUKEWARM WATER). BEST TO DO OUT IN SUNSHINE OR WARM BATHROOM AND DRY THOROUGHLY STRAIGHT AWAY.

1 comment:

  1. What about bar soap my piggie stinks and I tried washing him down with wet wipes ok for animals and he still sticks I have no soads that may work either

    ReplyDelete