Saturday, March 13, 2010

If my cat has a wound should I give him a bath with soap?

He was lost for 24 days (Yes, its a miracle hes back :):)).





Hes been home for 3 days, and so far, theres nothing wrong with him, other than him being quite skinny.





He has dirty paws, but we didn't want to frighten him (he hates bathes %26amp; hes only had 1 in his lifetime) on the first day he was back.





He has a wound on his paw from being out for so long. Theres no fur on the wound, and theres no blood. Its a baby pink colour. Its the size of a old half-dollar (15cm diameter? around. Im not so sure)





Hes quite dirty after being out for so long. Not extremely dirty, but still, it would be nice if he was a little cleaner.





Should we give him a bath with soap?If my cat has a wound should I give him a bath with soap?
My first instinct is to have vet check him over. So many things can happen to him. Is he current on his shots?? If not, definately have him checked over or at least monitor him closely.





As far as a bath, I would suggest getting some warm water and a cloth. You can then gently ';sponge bathe'; kitty for now. I wouldn't suggest actually giving a bath just yet. Please... keep him indoors from now on. Next time he may not come back.If my cat has a wound should I give him a bath with soap?
i think normal soap would iratate your cats wound even though it dosn't sound serious, although my cat had a surgery when he was younger and had to get stitches the vet said its fine to bathe him aslong as i use a pets bathing soap or a liquid soap with tea tree oil in it.
take him to the vet because of the wound and cats are perfectly capable of cleaning them selves so dont bother with the bath espacially not the soap!! that willl irritate his skin ,try using a damp clean cloth





RGxx
Ouch, now if he's got wounds soap will irritate him.


Cats hate baths, and they're capable of cleaning themselves up though it may take a few days.
He probably should be on antibiotics for the wound. I would see a vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment