Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can I bath a kitten in baby soap alot early then waiting to using cat soap at 12 weeks?

LOL You bring back memories. My Siamese boy cat crawled in the broiler (it was not on) when I opened the door to clean it. He got a nice greasy stripe down his back. Reverse skunk! I left him dirty till my husband came home to see him, then I gave him his first bath. I just used human shampoo because I had to get that grease off.





By the way, I have a friend that shows cats. Show cats do get bathed. Water will NOT hurt your cat as long as they don't get a chill. Soap won't hurt if you rinse thoroughly. I had a vet that said don't use dandruff shampoo with zinc like Head and Shoulders.





Every one of my Siamese cats has been bathed. I do it monthly to reduce allergens. There coats look and feel great. I have lots of people ask me why my cats are so soft.Can I bath a kitten in baby soap alot early then waiting to using cat soap at 12 weeks?
You can use baby shampoo, just be sure to rinse it out. Why do you want to bath the kitten? If it isn't really dirty, don't. It can get chilled if you don't dry it all the way %26amp; most cats hate blowdryers.Can I bath a kitten in baby soap alot early then waiting to using cat soap at 12 weeks?
if your bathing to get rid of fleas, do not wait. Fleas can kill a young kitten by sucking its blood and making it anemic. wont hurt it and the mother, should be fine with your scent if she is your cat
Cats and kittens do not need a bath,they have their own built in bath it,s called their tongue.So the answer is no soap and no bath.
NO! 1.The cat will lick itself to clean and poisen itself,


2.The cat cleans itself


3.One of my cats almost died like this,
If you have the mother with you, then I wouldn't just in case if she disregards the kitten because of the smell. If your kitten is weened, then I would say go ahead and do it, it won't her it at all! :)
I always use baby shampoo on pets ...
Cat's usually don't need bathes. They spend their time washing themselves.
sure. but rinse thoroughly.
I wouldn't if I were u without asking my vet first and showing her the soap bottle so that she can what chemicals are in the soap but hey that's just me.
You should just wipe the kitty using a cat recommended wipe and wait till the 12 week period is over for a full bath. If you bathe the kitten too early it will interfere with fur growth and the mother's recognition of its kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment