Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What bath soap do you use to bathe you toddler?

I have been using Johnson's and Johnson's head to toe body wash from since she was born. But she will be four soon and would like to switch. I tried the bar soap she says it burns when i go in between her legs. So i am assuming those r too strong. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.What bath soap do you use to bathe you toddler?
I still use the Johnson and Johnson from head to toe for my kids my oldest is almost 6. And it works great.


But if you want to switch you can still use Johnson or Huggies soap and a different shampoo for her hair.


I still wash my daughters' hair with J%26amp; J and it leaves their hair very nice as well so I really wouldnt switch till she gets much older and is able to use regular soap and regular shampoo.What bath soap do you use to bathe you toddler?
Honestly, when you look around about soap products you will find a lot of warnings about chemicals and additives that are really bad for kids and adults. You should look for products that are natural and say that they do not contain things like sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates or ppg or peg. Brands like rainbow, Jason, Bert's Bees or california baby. I use these on my two young girls and will never switch to basic drug/grocery store or commercialized brands. They smell fresh and natural, don't leave any residue, and it feels good to use great products on my kids. Hope this helps.
I personally use California Baby super sensitive head to toe body wash on my 2 and 4yo. It is a little pricier, but woth every penny. My 2yo has eczema, and it works great, and does not contain SLS or preservatives like Johnson's. Probably won't switch to bar soap until they are showering on their own.





I say try California Baby, or stick with the Johnson's wash if your daughter is not having any problems with it, or if you really want a bar, try the Johnson's bar soap that is made for kids.
I still use Johnson and Johnson's head to toe also, and my daughter is 5. I use Paul Mitchell for kids on her hair though w/ some conditioner, since it's so long. Once in awhile we buy kid's body wash, no specific brand, just the one she picks out because it smells the best lol. She never has any problems with those, but i still use the Johnson's as her ';regular'; soap. Hope this helps!
There is really no reason to stop using the baby soap if it isn't botherign her. My kids have eczema and baby soaps work best for not drying out their skin. My son is 6 ans still uses Aveno Baby Wash (for eczema). For my older kids when I did make the switch I used Dove body wash. It is very gentle and doesn't dry out their skin.
I would try dove bar soap. My son started seeing the allergist at 5 months of age and she told me to use that on him. It has never caused any problems. He did well with the aveeno wash too but she said that can actually make the child develop and allergy to oatmeal from the exposure
We used Ivory soap in a bar. The hospital gave me Dial, which I used on occasion, but when they were newborn we used Ivory. Most often we didn't do real baths. We just cleaned them with a washcloth and slathered them with J and J pink baby lotion to keep their skin moist.
seriously bar soaps do hurt when your a kid, i remember that. i think there are some nice kids liquid soaps out there for showering. all you need is to put some on a wash rag and your set. go to your local grocer and they have them where you find adult shower soaps.
i like the soft wash stuff think its johnsons


i use it myself aswell


careful with any soap between her legs if it gets near her private bits it can make her very sore


the times my little girl has washed her bits and left herself raw grrr they wont listen xx
Try using Ivory soap. It is made for small children. It is one of the purest soaps that you can use and is great for sensitive skin. Take it from someone who has allergies.
My 21 month old son turned out to be allergic to Johnson and Johnson's body wash. He uses Aveeno baby shampoo and wash. It's oatmeal derived and doesn't irritate his skin.
My son is 4 and we still use Johnson and Johnson's body wash, or other brands of baby wash. He has sensitive skin, and I am too worried about the regular bar soap getting into his eyes.
I use what I use.... I have the Johnson and Johnson lavender body wash for adults. I tried bar soap on her.. and when i washed her down there she started crying too...
Baby majic. It smells too good to switch to another soap just yet :)
Keep using what has been working. Then ask the doctor the next time you have an appointment.
I used baby soap until I was nine.
I continued to use Johnson and Johnson until my boys were like 10 years old.
Try Tone or Dove they are mild and have hydrating properties. Stay away from things like Zest or Irish Spring
I use Dove and Johnsons on her. But she really likes the smell, of my one, so sometimes we use that.
dove...........


its a very good soap to use, especially on babies.


its mild

No comments:

Post a Comment