Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What kind of bath soap should i use for my 6yr old daughter?

We have been using Irish Spring, the green bar for sometime now and recently we have developed this itching all over. My daughter gets up in the morning scratching her chest so much until there is a bright red mark. At first, I thought it was the fabric softner so i stopped using it, but after i washed clothes all over again, we were still itching. Next, I am looking to try a milder laundry detergent, can someone plz HELP!, WE CANT STOP SCRATCHING. oh and what would be good for laundry also?What kind of bath soap should i use for my 6yr old daughter?
For the Laundry use All Free and Clear...or any other detergent that markets itself to be free of added colors and scents...but All Free and Clear is the best. For bathing she should use Dove. They are the best for sensitive skin and excema. Two of my children and I have excema and that is what we use. Also be careful what shampoo and conditioner she uses, as they may aggrevate her skin too. Dove also makes a new line of these products that work very well. Have her put on some Aveeno Cream after her bath to help with the itching....





Sorry I did not read the responce above mine and realize that she said the same thing as I did until I posted it...but those are what works!What kind of bath soap should i use for my 6yr old daughter?
I would recommend Dove. I've been using it since I was 13 (I'm 24 now) and haven't got fed up of it yet. It's just moisturing cream with mild cleansers... But if you want it extra gentle, they also do a soap bar sensitive.
I would try Dove soap or look for something with no dyes or perfumes, maybe Ivory. And also try a ';free 'n clear'; laundry detergent. We use All.
Ive always used Dove on my boys. They have very sensitive skin and its moisturizing..works great! As far as laundry detergent, try a brand that has no dye and is all natural. I think Tide and All make them.
I use Johnsons's Kids Super Sudzer. It has a plasitc grip thing around the bar so kids can easily wash themselves. Plus it suds up real well. My girls are 8 and 6, and love it.





http://www.medshopexpress.com/601197.htm鈥?/a>


There is a picture on this link. I buy it at Target.
I know for us, my vote also goes to Ivory. As far as laundry, I like Tide Free. Have you considered it may be due to dry skin? My daughter was doing this really bad a few months ago, and I bought Aveeno lotion Skin relief and it stopped.


http://www.aveeno.com
We use liquid body wash rather than a soap. Also look into moisturizer. Dry skin can be caused by too many things to list all of them, but moisturizer can help. If it doesn't clear up with that, the doctor may be your next option.
My boys use the white Dove most of the time. When they start getting dry from the weather or the heat being on, then I use Cetafil soap and the lotion after the bath is done. My little one had ezema when he was a toddler, and this is what the peds said. It really works, even my husband uses it in the winter. You find it in the section of the store with the noxema, and face products.
Try ivory. maybe something milder like No More Tears (even if it's for babies).





I woud try for laundry detergent any of the detergents called ';Free';... like Tide Free - they all make one now. it's free of fragrance and dyes. and they may make a fabric softener like that too. sound like she's allergic to some coloring or chemical in the soaps! you may want to talk to her Dr. too.
I have a family of itchy children and have always had success with DOVE soap for bathing, and ALL FREE and CLEAR for laundry. Palmer's makes a pray for the itchies that helps as well. You might alsowant to consider upping your water intake
Our pediatrician recommended for us to use the ALL detergent without dyes or fragrance. She also recommened dove or ivory for the soap. It worked out very well. She told us to use Eucerin for our daughters sensitive skin, since she would have really bad dry skin. They have the equate brand of this at wal-mart. I hope this helps, Good luck.
we use johnson's kids super sudzer.it has a cool grip thing so my kids love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment